Sunday, August 03, 2008

The nose knows

The dr. called w. the biopsy results of my nose, and, unfortunately, one of the two places is basal cell cancer (the "good" kind to get, if you have to have anything). He said it seemed "fairly superficial", but that I will need to see a MOHS surgeon. MOHS is what they did the first time I had the skin cancer on my nose--they take small amounts away and keep biopsying the tissue while you wait and do it until the results are clear. I am hoping this will really be a non-major thing, unlike last time where I emerged with a rather large part of my nose missing.....

1 comment:

uberimma said...

Oh, dear. I didn't know you'd had skin cancer on your nose and if it makes you feel better I never noticed that your nose was anything other than all there!

I hope it is minor. And that this time, you remember to bring something to read...